












So as you can see, Thanksgiving was, to say the least, amusing.....thanks to my ever so entertaining children and a treacherously horrid beast (also refered to as a common beetle) that decided to hitch a ride on Grammie's radishes. Personally, I am absolutely grossed out by the darn things, but Rosemarie was so delighted by her new found friend (as was her father) that I just had to keep my reaction of horror to myself. Now here, I am free to confess that even while posting the pictures of the repulsive creature,was cause enough to throw me into a convulsing fit...EW! SO DISGUSTING! Enough talk about the threatening insect...and onto more important matters like---anything else! In regards to the photos....whoever says that the middle child is in the least amount of photos has not seen our family albums ....as you can see, Judith is adorably photogenic, and repeatedly photographed! (I see that I have accidently included the same shot twice, but U don't know how to delete it! Oh well, isn't she cute....quite the get up, for which I think her older sister is partly responsible.) Notice the unimpressed look she's sporting when we caught her trying to sneak outside on her own, she is our Little Miss Independent! Taking her picture sometimes poses difficult as she hardly stops talking and babbling enough for us to capture a true smile! She always has something to say, from where did she pick that up, I wonder?!
Now onto Turkey Highlights--- Thursday was spent at Uncle Eric's place where he made some awesome mashed potatoes and smoked a delicious turkey in his BBQ. Oh, I don't think any turkey I have ever eaten has compared! It was so delicious, and the fact that I didn't cook a thing was kind of nice, too. My hunney cooked our contribution and Papa Larry's Grammie made the rest of the fixins, which included the beetle, as previously mentioned, and a homemade pumpkin pie. MMMMM. It was a grand ol' time!
Friday, we celebrated a Thanksgiving dinner with our household (see previous posting) and we didn't have no stinkin' turkey either...it was truly a royal feast featuring Rod's famous tradtional Prime Rib (aka PINK MEAT by Rosemarie), ambrosia salad, (which is really just a sorry excuse to eat as much whip cream as possible) and sweet pototoes. Vicki blessed us with a scrumptuous salad, and I got to help her make some really amazing pumpkin cheesecakes. I think I just gained 5 pounds writing this paragraph. What a delicio-so meal!
We were also blessed to have Rod's younger son Zach and his girlfriend Leena (who is from Singapore) visit us from California. I think they are the kindest people I have ever met! They were so much fun and all my kiddos just absolutely adored Leena. Zach and Leena even endured a sleepless night due to a teething baby....and were so surprisingly chipper and cheerful the next day. I was chipper too, after Zach shared his Starbucks coffee with us all in the morning.....MMMM Starbucks, also known as Saint (St.) Arbucks for obvious reasons known mainly to professional coffee drinkers, which I now am, as an amazing mother of 3!
Anyways, I have so much to be thankful for this year, including all the incredible people who surround me each and every day, and for my daily discoveries of God's divine goodness and provision.... Bugs and all! :-) Thankfulness is the road to happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment